Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update on my health - April 12th






I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to Pamela Stergios and Jesse Wolf who together mastermind to raise funds to help me cover the massive cost of all my surgeries. They asked if they could send people here, so I figured I'd update you on my health from here, too.


It looks like I'll be heading to Shands hospital at UF (Gainesville, FL). The surgeon in Miami wouldn't take me without insurance, so we're going with GREAT option number two. My doctor is working on a referral now. I believe the plan will involve taking out my entire left side of the lower jaw and replacing it with bone from my hip. Later there will be skin grafts, implants, etc.. This is my best chance to beat this thing and never see it again. As it stands, I'm looking at about a year of surgery, hospitals, recovery, etc...to quote the doctor, "until you're starting to get happy again..." Well, I'm happy now, and don't intend to change anytime soon, thank you very much! I can't believe how many of you have donated in response to Pam and Jesse's request already, thank you for that. I'm working hard trying to find programs and whatnot to help offset some of the costs, but they are already mounting, and will certainly continue to do so, even if I get all the help that's available. Please continue to pray. I covet your prayers. God is faithful, and I know keep me, by his sufficient grace. I love you all. 


~Brendan



No comments:

Post a Comment